To say we are getting back to business as usual would be a gross misunderstanding of the times. However, there is enough information (and interest) where getting back in here makes sense. Things are going to look a little different, but like everything else that comes along with making a record here, we will figure it out together.
Below are some initial guidelines of what being in here will look like but, most importantly, talk to me about what makes YOU feel safe, comfortable, and creative in this space again.
- No groups larger than 6 will be allowed in the studio until the City of Chicago progress us to Stage 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. Additionally, only performing artists should be present. It just isn’t worth the risk to have it otherwise.
- Microphones, cables, and stands will be thoroughly sanitized at the end of each session.
- There will be at least a one hour break between sessions to allow for the space to be cleaned.
- Face masks should be worn when not performing or in any scenario where we can’t find ourselves properly distanced.
- Plan on using your own gear in any applicable situation. In the event where it’s necessary for studio instruments to be used, it will be cleaned and shelved for 24 hours.
- There will no longer be a shared candy bowl, mugs, or any other shared utensils. Please BYO.
- Vocal wind screens (pop filters) will be cleaned and shelved for 36 hours after each use.
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
I can’t wait to see you all back here soon.